Alecnib 150 mg (Alectinib)
|Product Name||: Alecnib|
|Generic Name||: Alectinib|
|Available Pack Size||: 56’s|
|Available Strengths||: 150 mg|
|Registrations||: Export Only|
Request A Call Back
What is Alecnib 150mg?
Alecnib 150mg contains Alectinib, a tyrosine kinase inhibitor that targets ALK fusion proteins, blocking signalling in cancer cells to inhibit their growth and survival. Alecnib 150mg is a single dose for the first-line treatment of adult patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer.
Drug information of Alecnib 150mg
- Drug class: Anticancer drugs, Tyrosine kinase inhibitors.
- Active ingredient: Alectinib.
- Content: 150mg.
- Packing: Box of 56 tablets.
- Origin: Bangladesh.
Mechanism of action of the drug
- Alectinib is a second-generation oral drug that selectively inhibits anaplastic lymphoma tyrosine kinase (ALK) activity. It is specifically used in the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) that express ALK-EML4 fusion protein (echinoderm microtubule-like protein 4) which induces the proliferation of NSCLC cells.
- Inhibition of ALK prevents phosphorylation and subsequent activation of STAT3 and AKT, resulting in decreased tumor cell viability. Both alectinib and its major active metabolite M4 exhibit similar in vivo and in vitro activity against many mutant forms of ALK.