Request A Call Back
What is Osimert 80mg (Osimertinib)
Osimert 80mg is a medicine containing the main active ingredient Osimertinib mesylate , a 3rd generation cancer target drug belonging to the protein kinase inhibitor class. Osimert 80mg is used to treat both advanced and metastatic non-small cell lung cancer. The drug is indicated for use in adult patients.
- Active ingredient: Osimertinib.
- Drug Subclass: Anticancer drugs, protein kinase inhibitors.
- Trade name: Osimert 80mg
- Dosage form: Tablets.
- Packaging: Box of 30 tablets.
- Origin: Everest Pharmaceuticals -Bangladesh .
- Osimertinib - 80mg
Indications of Osimert 80mg (Osimertinib)
- Osimert 80mg drug is effective in the treatment of metastatic, non-small cell lung cancer, specifically as follows:
- Osimert (Osimertinib) is the first-line treatment for metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) in patients whose tumours have deletions in the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) exon 19 or exon 21 L858R mutation detected in tumour or plasma sample by an approved test.
- Osimert (Osimertinib) for the treatment of metastatic EGFR T790M mutation-positive NSCLC (detected in tumours or plasma samples by an approved test) NSCLC in patients with disease progression after or after therapy EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitor.
- In some clinical studies, 70-80% of patients respond to drug therapy. Using Osimert can help prolong the survival time for lung cancer patients by 3-4 months compared to conventional radiation therapy.
Does Osimert (Osimertinib) for pregnant and breastfeeding women has any effect?
- Pregnant women:
- Osimert should not be administered to a pregnant woman unless her clinical condition necessitates treatment with osimertinib.
- Women who are breastfeeding:
- However, Osimert and its metabolites have been detected in litters of nursing puppies and adverse reactions have been reported on the development and survival of this litter. A risk to the nursing infant has not been excluded if the mother takes the drug. Breastfeeding should be discontinued while the mother is taking Osimert.
Effects on driving and operating machinery
- Caution should be exercised when using Osimert by people who drive or operate machinery.
Osimert 80mg side effects
- Common side effects may include:
- Mouth sores, loss of appetite.
- Feeling tired;
- Dry skin, rash; or
- Pain, discoloration, infection, or other problems with your fingernails or toenails.
- Some of the more serious side effects:
- Shortness of breath even with mild exertion.
- Fast or pounding heartbeat.
- A light-headed feeling, like you might pass out.
- Swelling, rapid weight gain.
- new or worsening lung symptoms--sudden chest pain or discomfort, wheezing, dry cough, feeling short of breath; or eye problems – vision changes, watery eyes, increased sensitivity to light, eye pain or redness..
- The above list does not include all possible side effects, there are some other less common side effects that are not listed here. Call your doctor, pharmacist for timely advice when experiencing any unwanted effects.
Overdose status and treatment
- There is no special treatment in case of drug overdose. The drug should be discontinued when an overdose is suspected, and symptomatic management initiated.
What should be abstained during treatment with Osimert 80mg?
- When taking the drug, in addition to using it as prescribed by the treating doctor, it is necessary to limit the use of processed foods with a lot of fat and preservatives, in addition, pay attention to abstain from the use of carbonated food drinks, containing alcohol. Alcohol, stimulants such as alcohol, beer, cigarettes, etc.
How to store?
- Store at a temperature not exceeding 30°C. Avoid light. Keep out of reach of children.